Friday, January 25, 2013

January 23, 2013

January 23, 2013
    
 "I have only been here a week and I have already grown so much. Mostly because of my companion Elder Skelton, because he is such  a good example to me. One thing that we have learned is how to teach by the spirit.  Our first few lessons went awful because we didn't know how  to work  together and we were trying to memorize the lessons in Preach My Gospel. But that was a bad idea. Now we learn the material from Preach My Gospel and then when we teach, we tell what we know. It is so much better that way, because it enables  us to teach with and by the spirit. The coolest thing is when you are teaching  and you can feel the spirit just take over. A lot of the time when that happens,  the lesson goes in a completely different direction than we had planned and then while you talk the spirit confirms  the truth of what you are saying to both myself and the investigator."
   

No comments:

Post a Comment