Friday, January 25, 2013

Goals.

Everyone knows that while you are serving a mission you grow so much spiritually. Dillon hasn't even been out for seven  days and in just one letter I can already tell how much his testimony has grown and the love he has for his Savior, and I know this is only the beginning and he is only going to keep growing. The last thing I want to happen is for him to grow spiritually and for me not to progress and things to be "weird" when he gets back. I want to prepare myself over these next two years to be the  best person,wife, and mother I can be for him and I also want my testimony to grow and to serve my own little mission here.  In a fireside given by Vaughn Featherstone he talks about Missionaries and Girlfriends. He says "Of coarse the first duty is to serve the Lord's work,which you have been called to do; second is to your family, and third is to the girlfriend. He then goes on to say that leaving a girlfriend behind is hard but it is better to go out there with support than getting out there wishing you had it. Also he says how lucky it is for the young woman, the missionary left behind is, to have the opportunity to share this mission for the next 24 months with one of the Lords chosen servants. Her testimony will become stronger in the gospel because of  it." I am so excited to be able to become closer to my savior and get to know him on a completely different level. Ever since the day I said goodbye to my best friend, I have never in my life been so happy. Some might ask how could I be so happy, when I just said goodbye to the love of my life? By spending alot of time next to my bedside on my knees, and through the love of my savior I am able to look at this new chapter through an eternal perspective. It's not the end. It is a new beginning. I am on a spiritual high and I LOVE it!! I am so excited to be able to continue to learn about Christ and see Dillons testimony grow and develop as well.

I have decided to set some goals to keep on track for my personal growth.   Also so I will be ready and on the same level as Dillon when he comes back in 726 days.

  • Read and finish all the Work & Glory books. (I'm  crazy I know)
  • Get my Young Womens Recognisiton again.
  • Learn how to be the BEST cook, because of right now.. I am TERRIBLE in the kitchen.
  • Have my first job.
  • Read the Book of Mormon cover to cover twice.


I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to be able to share Dillon's missionary experiences with him through letters and get to know him through a different perspective that is only made possible through serving The Lord through a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment