Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Little Bit of Light.

Lately I have been into reading past conference talks! They are SO crazy good!! Every spare second I get I am reading more and more! So amazing! Two that I have read that have really stuck out to me are "See Others as they can Become" and "Willing and Worthy to Serve" both given by President Monson. I can't stop reading, it's weird because you know me, I am NOT a big reader!! In those talks some things that hit me hard and are good advice to anyone who IS a missionary, HAS a missionary, or simply, just living through life. "When that same call comes to you and to me, what will be our response? Will we murmur, as did Laman and Lemuel, and say, “This is a hard thing required of us”? Or will we, with Nephi, individually declare, “I will go. I will do”? Will we be willing to serve and to obey?" This quote hits close to home, because by being so close to a missionary while they are preparing to leave and watching them say goodbye to everything they have ever known, I know it is not easy. It is not necessarily what you want to do and you may think it will be too hard. You either have two choices, you can be like Nephi, or Lamen and Lemuel. President Monson also said, "Miracles are everywhere to be found when the priesthood is understood, its power is honored and used properly, and faith is exerted. When faith replaces doubt, when selfless service eliminates selfish striving, the power of God brings to pass His purposes." Faith is the first and most important principle of this wonderful gospel, and since Dillon has left, I have really understood that statement. Without faith, this gospel is nothing. With this new announcement of the changing the age of both brother and sister missionaries this timing of The Lords Second Coming is creeping upon us quickly, and he needs US to spread his word quickly. I believe that this statement is not only for the the boys but the girls as well. "Brethren, the world is in need of our help. Are we doing all we should? Do we remember the words of President John Taylor: “If you do not magnify your callings, God will hold you responsible for those whom you might have saved had you done your duty”? There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to save. The blessings of eternity await you. Yours is the privilege to be not spectators but participants on the stage of priesthood service. Let us hearken to the stirring reminder found in the Epistle of James: “Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” It is scary to me that if you fail to do your mission here on earth you will be held personally responsible for those lives who you could have touched and changed for the better. That makes me so happy to know that I supported Dillon and his choice to serve a mission, I know I wouldn't want that guilt on my shoulders. I got an email from Dillon today! He is doing great!! Been sick, but I LOVE that he is doing so good! Him and his roommates created a band and call themselves "The City of Enoch" he is still the same old goofy kid who left two weeks ago! I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment