Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Sweet Valentine.

Holy cow. That's all I can say right now. Holy cow. I can not believe that it has already been one month since I've seen my best friend. Time has literally flown by, I have been so busy with basketball every night and my Saturdays consist of basketball, basketball, and MORE basketball. Bear, Emile, Josh, and Aspen all have games..sometimes two.. and going to both the girls and boys College games! (I'm not complaining...Ball really is Life) and I try to squeeze going to the temple in to do baptisms every week! The trick is to stay busy, and don't dwell on the negatives. This month is February and I promised to send him a package a month including our countdown tie. Because this is the month of LOVE--A.K.A. Valentines Day. I decided to center his package around love and have everything pink/red! It turned out so cute! I wanted to incorporate the Valentines theme along with some scriptures because of coarse, he is MY missionary! Everything I included in the package was labeled with a scripture that hints to what is wrapped up. Some things I included are:

Kool-Aide packets-Exodus 15:25

Conversation Hearts-  
   Be Mine: John 3:16 
   All Mine: John 10:27-30 
   True Love: Luke 10:27 
   I'm Sure: John 14: 1-3
   Sweet Talk: Psamls 119:103 
   Be Good: John 14:15
   Fax Me: Jeremiah 33:3 

Pop Rocks- Helaman 5:12
Tie: Proverbs 3:3
Gum: Leviticus 11:26
Chap stick: 2 Nephi 16:5



Even though Dill is 2,140 Mikes away in Clifton Forge Virginia, he still managed to make me feel very special this Valentines Day! It caught me way by surprise! I wasn't expecting a thing! Right after I left my house from lunch, I received a picture of flowers from my mom with my name on them. I replied "who are these from" (Like I said before, I wasn't expecting a single thing) she said back "Who do you think?" I responded "Dillon?" And she replied with a frank "Duh." I also received two letters, and in one of them he asked "Meg, will you pretty please be my Valentine" It made my whole day and It has most definitely been the very best Valentines! When I got home the flowers were placed on the table next to two letters! My day was instantly made!! He is loving Clifton Forge and his trainer! He says "I have gotten a lot closer to Christ in the past month." Dillon also sent me music to "Come Thou Fount of Ever Blessing" and wants me to learn to play it on the piano. He, as well as everyone else who knows me, know very well that I do not have a musical bone in my body. This must be some kind of joke. Plus he is already using Y'all..I think West Virginia is swallowing him right up.

That night since my Valentine was obviously not a available to take me out, I went on a double date with my "other valentines" (Autumn, Hannah, and Janessa) We went and got sushi at Saukra along with the rest of the world. It was the best. Only one more to go. Oh, I do love my sweet Valentine.

He is seriously the sweetest! <3









No comments:

Post a Comment